We're just after purchasing our second Bamboo instance, and want to link it to our Jira instance.
However, because the second Bamboo instance was setup as a clone of the original Bamboo instance, both instances share the same Server ID.
Due to https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/APL-629 , we cannot link Jira to both instances at the same time because they both have the same Server ID.
I need to generate a new Server ID for the new Bamboo instance, but I don't know how to go about it.
I'd like a set of steps for generating a new Server ID, and then configuring the second Bamboo instance with the new server ID.
I've run run tests locally and was able to obtain a new Server ID. You just need to trigger a new Bamboo installation so that it can generated a new ID:
1. Shutdown Bamboo and change the Bamboo instance Home-Directory path to a different location (at file webapp/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties). Example: /Users/jsmith/Apps/bamboo341-home-new
(keep the existing Home-Dir untouched, as it contains your instance's data)
2. Run Bamboo. When opening http://localhost:8085 in the browser, Bamboo will show you a new Server ID. Copy it and save it.
3. Shutdown Bamboo. Restore the original Home-Directory path to file "webapp/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties".
4. In the original Home-Dir, file bamboo.cfg.xml, replace the old Server ID with the new one.
5. Restart Bamboo. Because of the bug, remove and then create again the AppLinks.
Hope it helps!
Over the next several weeks we'll be sharing some of our Getting Started guides here in the community. Throughout this series of posts, we'd love to hear from customers and non-customers ab...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs