cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need steps to generate new Server ID for an existing Bamboo instance

David Corley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2011

We're just after purchasing our second Bamboo instance, and want to link it to our Jira instance.

However, because the second Bamboo instance was setup as a clone of the original Bamboo instance, both instances share the same Server ID.

Due to https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/APL-629 , we cannot link Jira to both instances at the same time because they both have the same Server ID.

I need to generate a new Server ID for the new Bamboo instance, but I don't know how to go about it.

I'd like a set of steps for generating a new Server ID, and then configuring the second Bamboo instance with the new server ID.

1 answer

1 vote
Renan Battaglin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2011

Hi David,

I've run run tests locally and was able to obtain a new Server ID. You just need to trigger a new Bamboo installation so that it can generated a new ID:

1. Shutdown Bamboo and change the Bamboo instance Home-Directory path to a different location (at file webapp/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties). Example: /Users/jsmith/Apps/bamboo341-home-new

(keep the existing Home-Dir untouched, as it contains your instance's data)

2. Run Bamboo. When opening http://localhost:8085 in the browser, Bamboo will show you a new Server ID. Copy it and save it.

3. Shutdown Bamboo. Restore the original Home-Directory path to file "webapp/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties".

4. In the original Home-Dir, file bamboo.cfg.xml, replace the old Server ID with the new one.

5. Restart Bamboo. Because of the bug, remove and then create again the AppLinks.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Renan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events