cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to copy asset field value in to Jira cutom field (Text format) value

NEGAR JALALIAN May 27, 2024

Hi experts 

I need your help . in my Jira JC : 

I have many asset fields which I need to copy the value of each asset field in to Jira Custom field .

do you have any common experience or any solution ? 

I want to use Automation for Jira  

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2024

Hi @NEGAR JALALIAN , you should be able to use smartvalues for this. See if this post helps you out - Copy-Assets-object-attribute-to-issue-custom-field 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2024

Hi @NEGAR JALALIAN , i'm pulling the question back into this thread, so that conversation between the two of us it's clear or future readers.

if you wish to copy one field into another, you can use the edit issue action. in the action, you select the fields that you wish to edit for each field that you edit do you set a value and in the value field you can use a smart value, for example...

1. Select the source field from the drop down (not the custom field ID)
  2. in the value box use {{issue.platform_temp}}

Hi Jack 

I'm lost . I don't know how to add my source field 

platform_temp is my destination field which is normal text custom field . 

I wan to select the source field but when I type {{issue.Platforms_14101.Name}} , nothing appears 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2024

Can you share a screenshot of your rule so I can get a visual of where you are entering this info?

sure : 

platforms.pngalso I tried this : platforms temp 2.png

but none of them worked

I also tried this but it didn't help : 

platforms temp 3.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2024

Thank @NEGAR JALALIAN . Let's try 

{{issue.customfield_14101}} 

also can you add a log action to store the value of the above? Then by viewing the audit log, you will understand what the smartvalue is equating to which in turn help you zero in n the correct smartvalue syntax. 

NEGAR JALALIAN May 28, 2024

you saved so much of my time ! it workkkkkeddddddddddddddddddddd

thank you sooooo much ! 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2024

Glad it worked out! Sorry it wasn't quicker.

Like NEGAR JALALIAN likes this
0 votes

hi Jack , thanks for your comment . sorry if my q sounds sily . but how does smart value works ? 

my source field is : {{issue.customfield_14101.Name}}

my destination field called : platform_temp

I tried automation for Jira based on a transition , this change happens , but I don't know how to tell  the source field 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events