Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

how to automate task start and end dates?

Help set up automation of the start date and end date of the task, so that when you start working with the task, the date is set automatically in the start date field and when the task is closed, the date the task is closed is set.

I'm still new to Jira and therefore I still don't understand everything well, I need your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eric Atlassian Team May 24, 2022

Hi @Rustam Yunusov 

Just a couple of questions to further understand your requirements:

1. At what point should the start date be set? When the issue is transitioned to in progress? What indicator should we be looking at to know that a task has started?
  2. Similarly, at what point should the end date be set? When the issue is transitioned to Done?

Cheers,

Eric

Hi Eric!

Thanks for the answer, I decided to solve the problem.

Hi Rustam and Eric:

I´m a new user on Jira and I stared to working in automation that help when you change the status of a Story automatically store the date on Actual end.

automation actual end.PNG

hope works like a solution to have on the date that you close the Story

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Automation

Jira Automation: Sum Up Story Points Roundup (Initiatives -> Epics -> Story/Tasks -> Subtasks)

Hi Everyone, In this roundup we combine all the jira automation rules to sum up story points across different issue types. We start from the lowest level, summing up story points from sub-tasks t...

1,916 views 2 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you