Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automation - send email to project users with smart value

Giorgi Tsitsvidze January 11, 2021

i need to send email to project users i try {{issue.project.users.emailaddress}} this value but in logs - "Could not send email, the 'To' address field is empty. If you have referenced a field it may be empty." 

what value i need to write ?

can you help me ?

there is only assignee and reporter fields to choose

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yvan Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Hi Giorgi,

Developer from Automation here.

As mentioned by Hana we don't currently support sending emails to project roles, for the time being you would have to consider some of the workarounds suggested around creating groups, or custom user fields for sending emails. I do understand this isn't ideal, and we have an open feature improvement here: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-991

Cheers.

Giorgi Tsitsvidze January 20, 2021

Thank you Yvan for answer . we will wait :)   

Vishal Kharde March 31, 2021

@Yvan Martin I did check AUT-991 feature request, but it seems there is no progress on it since 3 years now.  We are also waiting for this feature to be implemented as its valid case in a  automation rule related to notification triggering. Can you please check if this feature request can be prioritized?

Like Giorgi Tsitsvidze likes this
Ioulia Kalpakoula August 19, 2021

Same here. We are also waiting for this feature! It would make a lot of work much easier.

DD August 27, 2021

I'm voting for this feature, too!

Like Ioulia Kalpakoula likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Giorgi Tsitsvidze ,

what exactly do you mean by project users? Users added to some specific role in the project? Thank you for clarification.

thanks you for email
yes i mean users in project role jira_r.PNG

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Giorgi Tsitsvidze ,

thank you, so it's project role Users.

I don't think it's possible. But I can see two other options.

1) create user group for your users and use this user group

2) create User Picker (multiple users) custom field, add it to your issues and use this custom field

Could you imagine doing it using one of this ways?

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

thank you for your answer i already done with groups, but it is bad practice i think .... because one global rule i copy 25 time in projects to send email only project users ... :( 

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

Hi @Giorgi Tsitsvidze ,

it would be great, if you suggest this possibility to send mail to all users from project role here. I didn't find any issue for such improvement. Thank you.

0 votes
Benjamin Kwok February 28, 2022

This issue has been backlogged since 2018. Should we assume this is not going to be fixed anytime soon? @Yvan Martin 

Curious to know which fixes are prioritized, and if we can help with this. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events