Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would execution of this rule count towards limit?

David Lawrence
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2023

I modified a rule that is triggered when an issue is transitioned to done in Service Management Cloud.  It then has a related issues condition checking that linked issues of the trigger do not match a JQL querery in a Jira Cloud Project. If none match an issue is then created in that Jira Cloud Project.  I have the scope set as a single project for the Service Management Project.  The creator of the rule had the scope set as multiple projects with the Service Managment and the Jira Cloud Project entered in the projects field.  This caused us to reach 90% of our limit.  In the audit log it says multiple projects after I modified the scope so it could only be triggered in the Service Management project.  It is of my understanding that cross product issue creation is treated as a single project execution.

Audit log.PNGScope.PNGCondition 1.PNGCondition 2.PNG

Component.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2023

@David Lawrence

You need to change the scope from "Global" to single project. Right now even though all of your components are restricted to a single project, the rule can will run each time any issue is transitioned to "Done".

Edit: I misunderstood the screenshots. Yes, even if the rule can only be triggered by the JSM projects, creating a new ticket in a different project makes it a multi project automation rule.

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events