Trying to use Project Automation to Trigger Legacy Automation Rules

Vincenzo Ciaravella December 19, 2022

I'm having an issue converting an old JSD (Legacy) Automation which is using a "Customer Notification" template when sending e-mails.  This template has elaborate formatting (HTML I believe).  Because of this I decided to keep the "Send e-mail" portion of the Legacy Automation and transfer the other sections to the Project Automation (Automation for Jira).

My issue is that I'm having a problem trying to trigger the Legacy Automation.  Here's an example that is not responding:

• My Project Automation calls a SIL Script which adds Request Participants to my Jira issue.
  • I had set the JSD Automation trigger to "Participant added".
  • The JSD Automation does not trigger.

Anyone have any ideas on how my new Project Automation can trigger an existing JSD Legacy Automation.

Thanks,

Vince

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2022

Hi @Vincenzo Ciaravella 

I know this isn't the direct question - but would it not be easier to move the other rule to Project Automation, even if it has complex formatting?

Automation will work fine when the two rules are no longer in Legacy - and the effort to make the Legacy rule work could be spent moving the rule across.

You might not find many answers here otherwise, as many users (including myself) don't use Legacy Automation anymore.

Ste

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2023

Hi @Vincenzo Ciaravella ,

I agree with the answer by @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_.

Maybe the JSD Automation does not trigger because the action of adding a participant is executed through the REST API (by an automation rule) rather than manually.

Please note even the new Automation rules need to enable a checkbox on the Rule Details section to allow a rule being triggered by actions made by another automation rule:

Allow-rule-trigger.PNG

Anyways, I'd also substitute the legacy rule with a new one.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events