Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden error when using custom field as email address

Dax Tulpenventer April 19, 2021

Hi,

We've got an Automation rule which saves the email address of a customer to a custom field upon using our online form. This part works fine.

The part which is giving an error is when we want to use this email address to create a new customer. The point of this step is to be able to send the customer an email when our agent has responded to their request. This Automation has been running smoothly for over a year, but now we get an error every time it runs. I'm unable to detect what's creating this error. Please help.

The relevant steps of our Automation:
1.PNG

Basically it goes

1. save certain part of e-mail text as customer name in custom field 10042
  2. save certain part of e-mail text as customer email address is custom field 10046
  3. change channel to 'web form'
  4. refresh issue data
  5. create new customer using both custom fields mentioned above

Step 5 is where the error occurs. Below the details of this step.

2.PNG

As said these settings have been working for over a year, up until a few days ago.

The log says this:

3.PNG

Which translates to: "Error while creating new customer: The request is invalid. Check if your request contains all the necessary parameters and if these are valid. (email: you have to use a valid email address)"

I have checked the contents of the field and it just contains the email address as intented, nothing less, nothing more.

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

1 vote
avo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2021

Hey @Dax Tulpenventer I'd suggest reaching out to support to get this fixed as this one looks quite gnarly: https://getsupport.atlassian.com/

Suggesting this as the rule was working previously.

Another thing to consider is if any of the custom fields you're using have changed recently.

Dax Tulpenventer April 23, 2021

Thank you Avo, I will.

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Hi, can you try adding a "Log action" action to the rule that includes {{customfield_10046}} to validate what the Automation rules engine thinks is getting sent?

Dax Tulpenventer April 20, 2021

Hello Darryl,

Thank you for responding.

I have added a log action for {{customfield_10046}} and it gives me the email address I used in our contact form. No extra spaces or anything like that.

Component
Customer email: {{customfield_10046}}

Log
Customer email: test@test.test

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events