Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story Due date Edits Auto Update Linked Tasks and Bugs

Donna Benton October 16, 2023

In my current project I just created an automation where a created story auto creates two tasks. I now need to auto update Due date on those tasks or any linked issues for that matter when the Due date changes on the trigger story. 

I have been looking at posts and current automation rules found online but I can't seem to find one that actually fits this scenario. When creating the rule "When: Value changes for Due date" I am not finding a way to say only when the Due date of a story changes. In this scenario, a lead creates a story and linked teams get their tasks automatically populated. However, as oftentimes the scenario goes, the lead changes the Due date on the story and the linked teams are not aware of this and don't want to have to manually update all the tasks.

Anyone up for this challenge? I am sure it is simple, I'm just not able to see the forest through the trees.

Thanks everyone.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2023
Donna Benton October 16, 2023

Hi @Curt Holley yes, I have but I need something specific to only the story Due date being edited. If the trigger for update is only that the Due date changes on linked issues then I will be getting edits from the tasks to the story. It is the story that dictates the tasks Due date. 

David Blank
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2023

Hi @Donna Benton ! 

Could you implement like @Curt Holley  suggested above, but after the Trigger add an "Issue Fields Condition" like this:

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 4.38.35 PM.png

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2023

Hi @Donna Benton 

Adding to Curt's answer...

After the trigger, you could add a condition on issue type, and only proceed if it is a Story.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events