Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random GIF or content on "send email"

Kaj Sennelöv September 17, 2021

Hi Community!

I'm currently setting up an automation rule that sends out an email to the assignee when an initiative is set to done. This email is to celebrate the achievement!

In order to keep it interesting, I'd like to add something random or unique every time the email gets sent. Like for example a random gif connected to the theme "celebration".
Has anyone done something similar before or knows how to tackle this?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Support Team [Clearvision]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2021

Hi Kaj

You could try something similar to what is documented here if you are using jira cloud and automation for Jira

https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation072/send-web-request-action-now-provides-response-data-1056675727.html

There would be a couple of steps

1. Set up an account on giphy and create an app so you can get an api key.

2,. Set an automation rule to trigger on transition to done.

2. Use the api key from the app in the send web request automation rule to http://api.giphy.com/v1/gifs/random?tag=celebration&rating=pg-13
sendwebrequest.png

3. Use the web request response in the send email action. It would looks something like this.

webhookbody.png

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

I love this idea, and I love that somebody came up with an answer already (although I was on my way towards it, I swear!)

Like Prasanna Kumar V likes this
Kaj Sennelöv September 19, 2021

Love the creativity!
Thanks @Support Team [Clearvision] , I will try it out today! 🚀

@Darryl Lee Thank you for the effort. 😉

Kaj Sennelöv September 20, 2021

I got it working! 🎉
Thanks again @Support Team [Clearvision] !!

Support Team [Clearvision]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

Hi Kaj

That's great to hear.

Just FYI and you may already be aware on but on giphy the beta keys are rate limited to a maximum of 42 search requests an hour and 1000 search requests a day. This may or may not impact you depending on how often the automation runs

Kaj Sennelöv September 20, 2021

I saw that.
But currently, this shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks for the heads up!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events