Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation - Adding Value in a Xray field using JSON

Shah Baloch September 30, 2021

We're using the Xray tool for QA. I've created an automation task for the "Test Execution" issue using the Jira Automation add-on. It triggers base on text in a "Story". I mean when a story issue gets created and has some certain texts then it creates the Test Execution issue. That part is working well.

I would like to have a "Test" attached to a "Test Execution" whenever it gets created. The "Test" issue will be the same all-time for this project. The "Test Execution" Issue type has two tabs "General" and "Test Execution Details" in it's create issue screen. In "Test Execution Details" tab there is a field "Tests" where you can attach Test issues. I can't find that field from the Automation where I created the task. This is a built-in field from the Xray tool since I can't find it from the custom field list. I clicked on inspect and found the field id from the source code and tried to use the JSON option to adds the value "DP-17" in that field but it is not adding it. I tried multiple options nothing worked.

Any idea how I can make it works? Attaching screenshots that may help.

Option one

{"update": {
"customfield_13115": [
{ "add": {
"key": "DP-17" }
} ]
} }

Option 2

"customfield_13115": "DP-17"

Thank you

automation_09302021.pngautomation_09302021_2.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
John
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2021

Hey @Shah Baloch,

This post sounds like it's related to the issue you're facing:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/XRay-and-Automation-smart-values/qaq-p/1648050

Thanks,

John

Shah Baloch October 6, 2021

I viewed the other post and linked provided there, it is complicated. I couldn't understand. Thank you for sharing though.

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2021

Hi @Shah Baloch 

Since Jira Automation can execute Web Requests, please try the idea of using Xray REST API to add a Test to a Test Execution.

Please use the POST method described in this documentation page: https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Test+Executions+-+REST

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events