Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

XRay and Automation: smart values

Hello! I'm working on Jira Cloud and I'm trying to configure a couple of Jira automations to do things like:

- Add a Test to a certain Test Execution.

- Change the Test Plan for a Test Execution.

- Add the tests from a Test Set to a Test Plan.

- Change a Test's execution status in a Test Execution.

But I'm unable to reach those fields with the smart values that the automations use, and I haven't found a way around it. I've tried things like {{issue.Test Plan}} or {{issue.Tests}} thinking that maybe the values were stored as any other custom field, but I've had no luck so far.

I'd really appreciate if someone could shed a light in this matter and help me. Thank you in advance!

2 answers

Hi @Katia Sánchez 

The actions to add/changes between Xray issues are specific to Xray, so it is necessary to have a specific integration developed for the Jira automation that currently does not exist. 

We have this improvement suggestion (XRAYCLOUD-3165) to integrate Xray with Jira automation, currently gathering our customers' interest.
Please vote and watch it so that you can receive email alerts.

Please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can hear more about your use case.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Hi, Rogério!

Thank you for the info. I've voted and started watching the issue.

Regards,

Katia Sánchez

0 votes
John Atlassian Team Mar 28, 2021

Hi @Katia Sánchez 

You might have already tried but you can find the smart name using the issues JSON. You can follow the instructions on this page to find the smart values:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/

Thanks,

John

Hi, John! Sorry, I couldn't respond earlier.

I actually didn't know I could find custom fields that way. In this case, as Rogério mentioned, it doesn't work because the Xray fields are not in the JSON.

Nevertheless, I'll keep that solution in mind in case other similar issues arise, since it seems to be quite useful. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - April 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

317 views 3 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you