XRay and Automation: smart values

Deleted user March 25, 2021

Hello! I'm working on Jira Cloud and I'm trying to configure a couple of Jira automations to do things like:

- Add a Test to a certain Test Execution.

- Change the Test Plan for a Test Execution.

- Add the tests from a Test Set to a Test Plan.

- Change a Test's execution status in a Test Execution.

But I'm unable to reach those fields with the smart values that the automations use, and I haven't found a way around it. I've tried things like {{issue.Test Plan}} or {{issue.Tests}} thinking that maybe the values were stored as any other custom field, but I've had no luck so far.

I'd really appreciate if someone could shed a light in this matter and help me. Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

The actions to add/changes between Xray issues are specific to Xray, so it is necessary to have a specific integration developed for the Jira automation that currently does not exist. 

We have this improvement suggestion (XRAYCLOUD-3165) to integrate Xray with Jira automation, currently gathering our customers' interest.
Please vote and watch it so that you can receive email alerts.

Please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can hear more about your use case.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Deleted user March 31, 2021

Hi, Rogério!

Thank you for the info. I've voted and started watching the issue.

Regards,

Katia Sánchez

0 votes
John
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

You might have already tried but you can find the smart name using the issues JSON. You can follow the instructions on this page to find the smart values:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field/

Thanks,

John

Deleted user March 31, 2021

Hi, John! Sorry, I couldn't respond earlier.

I actually didn't know I could find custom fields that way. In this case, as Rogério mentioned, it doesn't work because the Xray fields are not in the JSON.

Nevertheless, I'll keep that solution in mind in case other similar issues arise, since it seems to be quite useful. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events