Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to extract a Confluence link out of a description and link it properly?

Hi,

My teams seem to be unable to remember to use an "official" Confluence link type when linking pages to issues and, instead, paste links into the descriptions.  I was trying to build an automation rule that can scan the description for a Confluence link and properly replace it but I didn't see anything other than an issue link action.

Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Cory

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Cory Tsang 

Would you please clarify a bit what is happening and what you mean by "official Confluence link"?  For example, what are team members pasting into the issue description and what happens when they do so?

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Automation

Jira Automation: Sum Up Story Points Roundup (Initiatives -> Epics -> Story/Tasks -> Subtasks)

Hi Everyone, In this roundup we combine all the jira automation rules to sum up story points across different issue types. We start from the lowest level, summing up story points from sub-tasks t...

3,101 views 10 9
Read article

Atlassian Community Events