Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the Group field from Request Types on the Portal

Crystal Rouse July 23, 2024

We love the feature of sharing issues with Groups; however, we need to remove the field from request types on the portal. I can't figure out how to do that.  I've tried removing it from the Create Screen and it still shows up.  It is confusing for our general users.

1 answer

0 votes
Caio Covos July 23, 2024

Hi @Crystal Rouse

To remove the Group field from request types on the Jira Service Management (JSM) customer portal, you need to ensure that the field is not included in the request type form configuration. This configuration is separate from the issue type screen configuration. Here’s how you can do it:

Step-by-Step Guide to Remove the Group Field from the Customer Portal

1. Navigate to Project Settings:

• Go to the Jira Service Management project where you want to remove the Group field.

• Click on Project settings in the left-hand sidebar.

2. Go to Request Types:

• Under the Project settings, find and click on Request types.

3. Select the Request Type:

• Find the specific request type where the Group field is appearing and click on it.

4. Edit the Request Type Form:

• In the request type settings, go to the Request form tab.

5. Remove the Group Field:

• You will see a list of fields included in the form for that request type.

• Locate the Group field (it might be named something like “Group” or related to sharing with groups).

• Click on the trash bin icon next to the Group field to remove it from the form.

6. Save Changes:

• Save the changes to the request type form.

Crystal Rouse July 24, 2024

I don't see these options.  We have Data Center, are these instructions for the Cloud?

Under Request Types, when I view the fields the group field is not available to select.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events