Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a sub incidente after to create a incident epic and associates?

Sebastian Toledo April 3, 2023

Hi guys,

I need to create several sub-incidents after creating an epic incident and that the automatically created sub-incidents are associated with the mentioned Epic.

They cannot be subtasks, but rather standalone Tickets such as Tasks or Stories.

This is possible?

Greetings and thank you very much

3 answers

0 votes
Sebastian Toledo April 5, 2023

Hello JC, thank you very much for your answer, but I think it didn't let me type "Copy from issue", then press the 3 dots and select COPY, it was automatically set to "Copy Epic Link from current issue".

I saved the changes and did the test, in the test it failed again since the Epic "master" ticket does NOT complete its Epic Link field, but its Epic Name field, for this reason the new ticket created is not linked. 

0 votes
Sebastian Toledo April 3, 2023

Hello Juan Carlos,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Is it possible to link the sub issue as Epic and not as Issue?

I mean that this sub-incident stays with the Epic Link of the newly generated incident.

Example Good

image.png

Example bad

image.png

304 its bad / 306 it's good

image.png

It's possible?

Greetings and again thank you very much!

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Sebastian Toledo ,

To see this type of reation between Tickets,  You need to modify the Field "Issue link" in the same Autoamtion, and copy it from current issue (that is the epic created). 

With this Automation you will have the Tickets like Childs of the Epic.

Sample here:

auto_EPICLINK.PNG

Hope it Help you ;)

Sebastian Toledo April 4, 2023

Hello JC, thank you very much for your answer, but I think it didn't let me type "Copy from issue", then press the 3 dots and select COPY, it was automatically set to "Copy Epic Link from current issue".

I saved the changes and did the test, in the test it failed again since the Epic "master" ticket does NOT complete its Epic Link field, but its Epic Name field, for this reason the new ticket created is not linked. 

Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2023

Hola @Sebastian Toledo ,

me puedes mostrar un pantallazo?

Me resulta extraño que en el campo "Epic Link" no te salgan más opciones..

elink.PNG

0 votes
Juan Carlos Vera
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2023

Hi @Sebastian Toledo ,

Yes, it´s posible.

You can see a sample, that create a Story When an Epic is created, and linked the tickets.

auto_crst.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events