Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a manual trigger to add approvers in a ticket?

Joana Dias Fernandes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

Hi ,

I want to create a manual trigger to include three users to the "Approvers" field.

1. I don't want to remove the ones already included in this "Approvers" field.
  2. One of the users is defined considering a costum field called "Manager" but this costum field has the email address not the Jira Account - however this email is associated with a Jira Account.
  3. The other 2 users are Jira Accounts.

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2024

Hi @Joana Dias Fernandes -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First thing, I am not using JSM; my suggestion is based on what I know about rules, and I have not tested the suggestion.

As you want to add values from different sources, including some pre-selected ones, you could try using the advanced edit with JSON to add the values to the multiple-select, user field Approvers: 

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/advanced-field-editing-using-json/#Multi-user-picker-custom-field

To do this, you will need the account id value for each user.

Kind regards,
Bill

Joana Dias Fernandes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2024

Hi @Bill Sheboy ,

Thank you for trying to help me (:

I've tried that, and for the 3. point of my question, it solved.

• But the question is that the approvers already added before the automation were "deleted" from the field.

And the 2. point of my question - I've tryed to use those smart values but nothing happened, maybe because Jira is not assuming the email as an email from a Jira Account - I don't know.

Thank you again,

Joana Fernandes

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2024

To append rather than replace the values, use the "update" syntax with "add".  There is example of that syntax shown in the link I provided you earlier.  If that does not help, please post the JSON you are using to provide some context for suggestions.

For the approvers who are not Jira users, I am not familiar enough with JSM to know how they are represented.  You may want to wait for another community member to comment or ping the Atlassian Support team for suggestions: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events