Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide a custom fields in JIra Cloud using Script runner or any other solutions for that.

SURESH G November 29, 2021

Hi, I am using Jira cloud and i want to hide some custom fields in Jira for specific Project and we are using Script runner but in cloud we don't have behaviors in Jira Cloud. So, how i can i achieve this criteria.
Please help me, Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Cat W December 8, 2021

You can hide the fields in the issue layouts for that specific project. That would allow you to continue to use the shared configuration schemes but keep the fields from being visible in that project. Keep in mind you'll need to do it for each issue type in the project.

Configure field layout in the issue view - Hidden fields 

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

By using different screen schemes for the different projects. Check this out.
Specify field behavior | Atlassian Support

SURESH G December 1, 2021

Thank you @Curt Holley  for your Response.
We are using the same Schemes for many projects (like 100+) using separate schemes is not something i am looking for.
Let me know if i can do with Script runner like how we can use behaviors in Server or DC the same way i want to achieve in Cloud But in Cloud we don't have behaviors. 

Any other suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

You could do it via the Context of the custom fields, but you will run into the same (Admin overhead) there, if you have to move out of Global project setting and having to select each project you want it viewed on.

Personally, I don't know if there is a way to do this via Scriptrunner cloud (sounds like not). Perhaps ask them?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events