Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we copy the attachments of an issue int ok an e-mail?

Rik007 July 8, 2021

We urgently want to distribute attachments from issues in Jira by an automatic e-mail in jira automation. How to do that? 

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

It doesn’t seem that this is possible at this time.  Here is a similar post discussing the same thing - Attach-file-Automation-for-Jira 

In that post it references and a suggestion to create such capability you may wish to vote and watch the suggestion- AUT-460 

Rik July 8, 2021

Thank you Jack, though this is a real pain. There are so many smart fields but this one is essential!

Rik July 8, 2021

Unfortunately issue AUT-460 seems to relate to images. I want to copy all attachment with a ticket to an e-mail.... 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

Personally I don’t see this as essential. I get that it is important to you but essential would mean it is important to the majority and I don’t see many inquiries on this. But I am just a user like yourself so just an opinion. For sure vote for the issue.

Rik July 8, 2021

Hi Jack, thanks! So how can I vote? I do not see a button om the page. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2021

Ah, in fact you cannot! It just occurred to me that these issues are part of the old code barrel instance and it is not open for watching in voting like the rest of JAC is. 😞

You might consider using the Feedback link within the app and let Atlassian know that this is an important feature for you.

bmccoy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2021

Hi,

Jack is correct, this is not something that we support at this time.  I've linked made a note on AUT-460 for you which essentially counts as a vote.

Cheers,
Brydie

Like # people like this
W Bot December 3, 2021

This same lack of functionality prevents copying attachments from a service desk ticket into a software story ticket in an automated fashion, so that's why it's essential in my opinion as well.

Joshua Kapke February 21, 2022

Vote: this would be essential for me too.

Like Alyssa Owens likes this
Alyssa Owens February 22, 2022

I couldn't find an actual ticket to vote on anywhere so I made one as this is pretty critical for us too and would be an appreciated addition: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-11152

Like Joshua Kapke likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events