Highlighting date custom field on entering past date

Shubhangi Khandelwal October 26, 2022

Is there any way in the JIRA cloud through which a date field gets highlighted or text gets bold if it has any Past date as a value? using any app or through automation rule

1 answer

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022
Shubhangi Khandelwal October 26, 2022

Hi @Curt Holley 

In Warren's reply, the solution is regarding highlighting the issue cards in JIRA which is really a nice alternative to my problem statement.

But I am looking similar kind of feature at the field level where the Date field (custom field) gets highlighted if the date selected is past date. So that it reminds the Engineer to select a future date for the next activity to be performed for that issue.

Thanks for your response :) 

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022

Card level is the best that can be done...out-of-the-box

If you are on cloud, you could create an automation rule that sends a notification to 

• The Engineers inbox
  • A Slack or Teams Channel 

Personally, I like the card colors as it brings the issue to the whole teams attention, not just the person looking at it.

Another trick (using the JQL Warren uses) is Swimlanes by queries. Combine that with the card colors and you get them moving up the board into a lane and changing color. You could also add the Due date field to the cards so that it is always visible on the cards.
If that doesn't get people's attention, then I doubt any field level trickery will.

That said, there may be a plug-in for the field level tricks you desire, but I would be investing in breeding a culture that pays attention to date commitments before I spent $ on bolding or highlighting the date fields.

Like Shubhangi Khandelwal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events