cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering Approvers who approved with smart values

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2023

Hi,

I've been struggling for hours and hours, but can't find a way to get the names of approvers who approved an issue.

So we have a group of 10 users who are able to approve a certain issue. Only two approvals are required. When the issue is approved I want to make a comment in a linked issue stating that Person1 and Person2 have approved the linked issue.

So I've tried several ways of filtering the approvers, but none of them work. Note: customfield_10045 is the Approvals field. I would have thought that this should work:

{{#issue.fields.customfield_10045.approvers}}
{{#if(equals(approverDecision,"approved"))}}
{{approver.displayName}}
{{/}}
{{/}}

But it does not give any output.

When I try this:

{{#issue.fields.customfield_10045.approvers}}{{approverDecision}}{{/}}

The output is:

pending, pending, pending, pending, pending, approved, pending, pending, approved, pending, pending 

Replacing {{approver.displayName}} with a string, does not output the string two times.

Hopefully somebody can tackle this.

Rudy

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2023

Thanks @John Funk , though it is not the solution, the comments in the other posted got me on the right track. For future reference this is the solution:

{{#issue.fields.Approvals.approvers.get(0)}} 
{{#if(equals(approverDecision,"approved"))}}
{{approver.displayName}}
{{/}}
{{/}}
Carlos Peñafiel Juarez April 11, 2023

Gracias por la aportación

Si funciona.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2023

Hi Rudy,

Take a look at this previous post to see if it can help you. And maybe try {{issue.Approvers.displayName}}

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Automation-for-Jira-How-get-the-approver-value-Display-name/qaq-p/1412028

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2023

Great! Glad you got it figured out. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events