Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification to EPIC assignee when status of the parent link changes

Brenda Lee May 28, 2021

Hi,

i will like to know whether it is possible to trigger an email notification to the assignee of an EPIC when I change the status of the Feature (which is the parent link of the EPIC).

thank you

brenda

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Hi @Brenda Lee 

I've got this to work, but not using "Parent", as there's only options for Parent of Subtask, and Parent Epic in Automation.

---

This is how I did it:

• Trigger: Issue Transitioned: Leave Blank if it's for all statuses, or specify From/To where needed
  • Condition: Issue Fields Condition - Issue Type = Feature
  • Branch: Set "Type of related issues" to JQL, then...
    • JQL: "Parent Link" = {{triggerissue}}
  • Action (under Branch): Send Email:
    • To: Assignee
    • Subject/Content: Enter as needed

---

This will send an email to each Epic's Assignee. If a user is an Assignee on more than one Epic, they will receive multiple emails.

You could include specific data in the email Content where needed. For example, to include the Feature's status use the smart value {{triggerissue.status.name}}.

For more information on smart values, see this page.

Ste

Brenda Lee May 31, 2021

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ , this answers my question 100%. I tried it and it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your help!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2021

I believe that should be possible although I have not tried it specifically. I think it would look something like this…

• trigger - issue transitioned
  • condition - check the issue type to align with what you are looking for and also checked out the epic link is not empty
  • action - for the parent of the issue Send an email to the assignee

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events