Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize child case field in automation

skuo October 12, 2023
I have an automation that creates a new/child ticket based on a status transition. I'd like to concatenate a hardcoded string and the triggering case summary field together. However, the options available don't seem to support that. I'm wondering if there's a work around.
Ex:
Triggering ticket summary is: Test A
New ticket summary should be: Discovery - Test A

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2023

Hi @skuo 

Please try this to concatenate the values:

Discovery  - {{triggerIssue.summary}}

Kind regards,
Bill

skuo October 12, 2023

That worked perfectly. Thanks, Bill!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
1 vote
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2023

@skuo 

Can you get me a screen shot of the automation?

In the mean time I did find this article that was in the community that mentions concatenate of summary. They talk about approvers field in here but you should be able to use "Smart Values" and other fields to help achieve this.

Once I see the automation I might be able to help more. I am visual person so this might help me see where I would insert the smart values.

I hope this helps find an answer.

Respectfully,

Aaron

0 votes
skuo October 12, 2023

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 9.56.52 AM.png

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2023

In the summary field you can use the Discovery - {{smart-value}} which could pull the data from a custom field or calculation etc.

Do you have a field that would be able to use for the data to concatenate a hard coded string from?

I also believe you can use a string value from a smart value and have it calculate to go up if you wanted to use a Discovery - 1, next issue > Discovery - 2 etc. You could use the key of the issue to make sure the number string goes up.

Look in the list of smart values that I shared with you and that should get you the answer. I am looking to see if I can use a smart value formula to share with you in the mean time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events