Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create automation between Discovery project to Software project

Eran Roiter August 21, 2024

Hey all,

Does anyone know how can i create automation for Discovery project, there's a link that called Delivery tickets that i can relate Idea to an epic in the Software project.

i want to create an automation that once the epic in the Software project change status to in progress the Idea in the Discovery project will change status from Product idea to in Development. 

tried few things, nothing worked.

Thanks ! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2024

Hi @Eran Roiter 

For a question like this, please post an image of your complete automation rule, images of any relevant actions / conditions / branches, an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution, and explain what is not working as expected.  Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas.  Thanks!

Until we see those...

I hypothesize your rule is triggered on a change to the delivery issue in the software project, and that the rule scope is in that project.  And so it cannot see / act on the JPD Idea.

This rule will need to have multiple-project or global-scope to access the issues in the different projects.  Your Jira Site Admin will need to help do that as changing the scope configuration of a rule is a global admin feature for rules.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events