Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change value of an Insight field

Koczka Bence May 20, 2021

I have a InsObj Insight object with the following fields:

Key, Name, TestField 

All 3 are string type fields.

My goal is to set up a manual trigger from an issue, which changes the value, of the referenced InsObj's TestField to "whatever".

I set up an Edit Issue Action in a automation rule with the following Json:

{
"objectTypeId": 689,
"attributes": [{
"objectTypeAttributeId": 2727,
"objectAttributeValues": [{
"value": "whatever"
}]
}]

(This does change the TestField's value if it is sent through an Update Insight field API request)

An InsObj is referenced to the issue in a custom field, as it is shown on this picture:

image.png

But when the manual trigger is triggered, the automation rule's audit log shows "some errors", with the following message:
"No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):AUTO-3"

How can I make my Insight object's certain field available to editing in this project?

Any idea would really much be appreciated. 
Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Gareth Cantrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Hi @Koczka Bence 

The Edit action will only allow you to update the object reference within the issue. It won't allow you to update the attributes of an Insight object.

To do that, you will need to use the Send web request action to post the update to the Insight REST API endpoint.

That makes sense, thank you!

Upon sending the request via Send web request action the response is: 
"401 Client must be authenticated to access this resource."
Here is the configuration of the action (the Authentication is valid, this request works flawlessly in Postman)
image.png

Any ideas?

Gareth Cantrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Try changing the header "Authentication" to "Authorization" 🙂 

Like Koczka Bence likes this
Koczka Bence May 21, 2021

Wow, so close yet so far! Thanks a bunch!

Like Gareth Cantrell likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events