Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change management to Confluence

Dan Allenby April 23, 2024

Is there an application available to pull through the data entered in my change fields to confluence?  

We currently have a manual change form that we use which is populated from the fields in our change.  The reason we put it onto a form is to send to clients for approval.  What im looking to do, is pull that through to confluence and then export to send.

Would this be possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Julien Peyrade _ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2024

Hello @Dan Allenby 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I'm understanding from your question is that you want Jira fields to be automatically pulled to Confluence pages when they are updated?

If this is indeed what you are trying to achieve, we have an app called Elements Publish that allows you to publish data from Jira to Confluence. You can: 

• insert any Jira issue data in the Confluence page (and keep the value synchronized between the issue and the page if needed),including the Confluence page title
  • use any Confluence template you need or design the page yourself
  • automatically link the page to the issue
  • automatically copy attachments from Jira to Confluence

And of course, our app integrates with Automation.

With Elements Publish, no need to update your Confluence pages manually, automatize your processes and keep the content synchronized.

The app is free for 30 days, (and stays free if your instance is under 10 users), so feel free to give it a try, and don't hesitate to tell reach our Support if you have any question.

Regards,

Julien

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2024

Hi @Dan Allenby -

Some clarifying questions:

• When you say you have a manual change form populated from fields in your change - are you talking about fields in Jira?
  • And so at a certain point in a change ticket's workflow in Jira, you want to send an email with a form that the client has to approve?
  • So you're looking to create a page in Confluence with that data and then export and send the page?
  • Is there a need to have the page in Confluence as well (reference/record-keeping), or is it only to generate the form for sending?

I see from your previous post that you are probably using automation to create a page from a template, but that it can't pull in Jira field information.

Yeah, unfortunately the Confluence features in Jira Automation are very limited. Some folks have figured out how to create a full Confluence page using the API, but it's pretty cumbersome. Here are two extensive tutorials:

But to get back to your original question - if the end goal is just to send an email to the client (and you don't actually need a Confluence page), I would consider using Jira Automation to just do that, and remove Confluence from the equation.

You can do a lot of formatting of emails with HTML.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events