Can I use JQL to find out if the current user is the same as a custom field?

Julia December 14, 2021

Using automation for Jira on SERVER.

We have a custom field called "access approver" which is a user picker. I am trying to make it so if the user who comments the words "approve" on the ticket is the same as the access approver, then the ticket should transition to the Approved state.

Here is what I have now, but the JQL of "access approver" = currentuser() isn't working... any ideas appreciated, thanks! Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 11.58.41 AM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Julia 

From what you describe, you want the person who commented for the comparison, correct?  If so, please check with {{initiator}} for the person who triggered the rule.

Kind regards,
Bill

Julia December 15, 2021

Where would I do this in the rule? In the advanced fields area? 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

In your compare, please replace currentUser() with {{initiator}}

currentUser() is a JQL function which works from the UI when I logged in user runs a query/dashboard.  And {{initiator}} is the person user who performed the action that triggered the rule.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events