Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I use JQL to find out if the current user is the same as a custom field?

Using automation for Jira on SERVER.

We have a custom field called "access approver" which is a user picker. I am trying to make it so if the user who comments the words "approve" on the ticket is the same as the access approver, then the ticket should transition to the Approved state.

Here is what I have now, but the JQL of "access approver" = currentuser() isn't working... any ideas appreciated, thanks! Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 11.58.41 AM.png

1 answer

1 vote

Hi @Julia 

From what you describe, you want the person who commented for the comparison, correct?  If so, please check with {{initiator}} for the person who triggered the rule.

Kind regards,
Bill

Where would I do this in the rule? In the advanced fields area? 

In your compare, please replace currentUser() with {{initiator}}

currentUser() is a JQL function which works from the UI when I logged in user runs a query/dashboard.  And {{initiator}} is the person user who performed the action that triggered the rule.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Automation

Jira Automation: Sum Up Story Points Roundup (Initiatives -> Epics -> Story/Tasks -> Subtasks)

Hi Everyone, In this roundup we combine all the jira automation rules to sum up story points across different issue types. We start from the lowest level, summing up story points from sub-tasks t...

3,098 views 10 9
Read article

Atlassian Community Events