Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automation/Integration with Teams failed (400 - Webhook Bad Request - null or empty eventType)

Hi,

I've tried to run an automation integrating with Teams. I've created and used a webhook: https://myname.webhook.office.com/webhookb2/... (created on Teams channel level).

But my automation fails with an error:

Error communicating with the API
400 - Webhook Bad Request - null or empty eventType
What's the issue here? Is it on Jira or Teams side?

1 answer

0 votes
Eric Atlassian Team May 24, 2022

Hi @Hubert Bartkowiak 

Based on your description sounds like there could be a problem with the request payload you're sending from Jira. Sounds like the payload needs eventType but it's not specified?

Cheers,

Eric

I don't use field named like that in automation. 
I worry that might be some permission on teams/office level?

What I check or trouble-shoot here?

Eric Atlassian Team May 26, 2022

Hi @Hubert Bartkowiak 

Apology for my previous response. I think I misunderstood your original question.

Could you please take a look at this community question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Jira-Automation-Microsoft-Teams-Message-with-Error-400/qaq-p/1341087 ? I think it's the same problem as yours, perhaps you could try the suggested solution.

Eric

Thank you. Strange I couldn't search for it... I cannot see this webhook, but I will continue topic there. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Automation

Jira Automation: Sum Up Story Points Roundup (Initiatives -> Epics -> Story/Tasks -> Subtasks)

Hi Everyone, In this roundup we combine all the jira automation rules to sum up story points across different issue types. We start from the lowest level, summing up story points from sub-tasks t...

1,802 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you