Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Global Sprint to multi project Issues

djones December 6, 2021

Hi,

I have a Engineering Board which has 10 projects aligned with it. In ENG board I have created Sprint as "Early Deployment". 

Now I want to make a script which if anybody creates issue in any of these 10 projects, Sprint "Early Deployment" is updated in Sprint field. 

Note that this Sprint "Early Deployment" is just placeholder for Scrum Board and so its not active sprint or it will never be a Active sprint. 

When I try to edit Sprint field in Automation, it doesnt show this Sprint name, it just gives Active or Next Sprint from any of the 10 projects. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hi @djones 

Get the Sprint ID as shown below

Sprint ID.png

Once you have the Sprint ID, Update the Automation Action to Update the Sprint Field in Advanced Section as below

{
"fields":
{
"sprint": 7
}

where 7 is the Sprint ID

Please let me know if it worked for you, Also the Actor should have Permission to add the Sprint to an Issue. Make sure Automation for Jira App has the permission

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021
djones December 6, 2021

Hi @Pramodh M ,

Thanks for quick solution, this really worked well. I didnt think using Sprint ID instead of name. 

Thanks a lot once again. 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

Welcome 😃

Thanks,

Pramodh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events