Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset automation creating Jira issue

Maria Elena Lovato May 10, 2024

Hello, I'm using a bit of automation in my asset plugin, in order to create a Jira issue.

i have two attributes of my objects that I want to put as fields in the issue created, is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2024

@Maria Elena Lovato -

When you create custom field sourcing from Assets object, you can display the object attributes once the object is selected.  However, you will not be able to create custom fields sourced from Assets against specific object attributes based on my experience and knowledge.

The underlying idea is the attribute is just additional metadata associated with the Asset object and not the object itself.

Sorry, Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2024

Hello @Maria Elena Lovato ,

You can use Object created/updated/deleted trigger to create in issue.

Can you please provide more details on your use case, so that depending on that depending on that the solution can be proposed.

Vijay

Maria Elena Lovato May 10, 2024

The trigger isn't the issue fro me; everyday the automation run and check if a specific date is past today or not and then create a Jira issue. So far so good.

When the issue is created tho, I'd like to have the values of two of the objects attributes became the values of two fields of the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events