Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All subtasks closed then only main ticket should be closed

Vallala Ujwala January 21, 2023

Hi Team

After upgrading, in one of the module ,parent task is getting closed before the last subtask closure.Which shouldn't be the case!! only after closing all the subtasks main task should be closed

Can any one help me with this

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Vallala Ujwala January 24, 2023

image.png

Sam Harding
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2023

Hi @Vallala Ujwala 

I can't see where this rule is closing the parent tasks in its configuration. It looks like there may be more involved here, namely a workflow configuration outside of Automation which is closing the parent task. Could you check if there is a workflow which could be causing this to happen?

If you cannot find a cause there, please raise this with support at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/ so the team can take a closer look.

Thanks!
Sam

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2023

Hi @Vallala Ujwala and welcome to the community,

Can you please post your rule here? This way we will be able to identify the problem and provide a possible solution.

Vallala Ujwala January 24, 2023

Shared the screen short of rule above, every configuration seems to be perfect but still issue persists.

image.png

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

@Vallala Ujwala from that image you pasted it is clear that this rule is not responsible for closing the parent issue.

I would search for:

• Another rule (could be global) which closes the parent issue
  • A workflow postfunction
  • An event listener which listens specific events and act accordingly 
Like Sam Harding likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events