Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access value from specific issue in Jira

Benoit February 15, 2022

Hi all,

I am trying trough smart value to access a specific value in a specific issue in Jira to apply or add to the current issue value.

Example: {{custom numeric value}}*{{DF-1234.custom numeric value}}

Thank you

3 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2022

Hi @Benoit 

You note referencing a field in a specific issue, such as {{DF-1234.custom numeric value}}

Is that field's value static or dynamic?

• If that value is static have you instead considered hard-coding it in the rule, or storing it an Entity Property rather than trying to access the value in another project?
  • If that value is dynamic, you could trigger the rule so your DF-1234 is always the triggering issue, and then use branching within the rule to access the data as fields of {{triggerIssue}}

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2022

Hi @Benoit ,

to better understand all requirements could you please describe a use case?

• when should this happen? (what event/issue is the trigger?)
  • is there a relation between the 2 issues?
  • what does "specific issue" mean? how should this issue be detected?
  • What exactly is the question / information you need? 

thanks in advance.

Best
Stefan

Benoit February 15, 2022

There is no relation between the two issue.

I use some issue in a different project as constant, per example forecast of sales. I do not want to add forecast of sales in every issues. but I do want to use it as a factor of a value in the newly created or modified issue.

Thanks

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2022

Hi @Benoit ,

As you want to refer to an issue in another project the rule needs to be a multi-project or gloabl automation rule.

to gather information from that other issue you can use the "look up" action and refere to that issue/field via smartValue {{lookupIssues}} (see screenshot)

image.png

Please let me know if this helps.

Best
Stefan

Benoit February 15, 2022

Sorry, I forgot to tell that I am on server Version, therefore no lookup function. Don't blame me, Atlassian cancel their Server platform 4 months after we bought it. (Sooo much frustration and additional cost to us because of that)

Thanks

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2022

@Benoit nobody gets blamed here ;) We all are "friends in Atlassian" here :)

Unfortunatly I only have cloud instance available and cannot investigate deeper into that problem.

Hope there will be a feasable solution.

Best
Stefan

Like Benoit likes this
0 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2022

Take a closer look at the documentation on using Smart Values:

Benoit February 15, 2022

Hi, I do have read all the documentation, and I can't see anywhere my use case.

issue.Invoice Amount per example refers to the trigger issue, but I want to check value in a different issue not related with this one.

How do I do.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events