Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Automations to create treasure hunts for your ceremonies/onboardings

Andrei Eleodor Sirbu September 24, 2024

Hello community, 

I'm writing this post to share some ideas that can help you create treasure hunts within Jira and Confluence using automations, atlassian Intelligence, whiteboards and so on. 

These can be used as onboarding challenges to push newcomers to explore Jira possibilities or you can use them for sprint retros or treasure hunts for your ceremonies. 

1. Using Atlassian Intelligence

You can create a page inside Confluence that will have restricted access until the day of the event. You could name the page "Dungeon entrance" for example. It will have some images and text to carry the beginning of the adventure (i.e what to do next) 

Participants could ask Atlassian Intelligence something like "Where's the dungeon entrance ?" assuming you've told them before hand the first step is to find the dungeon's entrance. The AI will guide them to the right page :)

Of course you can adapt this to whatever topic you're using but it works like a charm. 

2. Using automation for Jira to generate unique issue types. 

You can increase the difficulty level by setting up a unique issue type available only in a specific project. For instance, you could name this issue type "The book of spells".

The book of spells can only be created through the "create" page and for a specific project only. It can also be created through a manual trigger named "Create a book of spells". 

In your automation, you can edit the description field to carry the next assignement. 

3. Whiteboards

There's so much to do with whiteboards to add more challenge. 

For a starter, you can import images and hide an automated section behind one of the images. Whoever finds it, has to drag and drop a Jira issue card on top of the automated section which in return will fill a unique field (let's call it 'Enigma field') with some value of your chosing. 

You may also add a new issue link type for the purpose of the challenge and set up an automation which will trigger some event whenever an issue is linked to another through this issue link type. 

4. Using Confluence templates

You may also want to create a Confluence page template that users have to find out. That template could have some text colored in white which will make it invisible. 

There are a lot of other options you can use to set up unique challenges in Jira and Confluence. These are just a few I tested and worked. If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears :)

Kind regards

Andrei

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events