cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Transition Error

Arslan Hafeez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2022

I am having an issue in state transition. The subtask is created with "Open" state but I want it to be created with "AC Refinement" state. This state come immediate after "Open" state in workflow.

Note: I have a different workflow for subtasks. Manually I can shift from "Open" to "AC Refienment" after creation of subtask but I want to achieve it with automation. 

Automation error.pngError message.png

1 comment

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2022

Hi @Arslan Hafeez ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

The above automation  is telling the current issue (parent task) to move to AC Refinement, reason it fails (error) and the sub-task is not transitioning

You should use branching as below to accomplish what you are looking for

State Transition Error.PNG

Arslan Hafeez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 27, 2022

@Sam Bartolome  Thanks. That works.

Like Sam Bartolome likes this
Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2022

@Arslan Hafeez 

If it works, could you set the answer as valid?

Thanks

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events