What would make Automation better for you?

Hi everyone!

I'm Charlie, one of the Product Managers working with the Atlassian Automation team, and I'd love to hear how you're finding Automation - how you're using it today, any pain points you've found, and what improvements you'd like to see.

If you're keen to chat, feel free to find a time that suits here: 
https://calendly.com/cgavey/automation-feedback

Look forward to hearing from you!

Charlie

7 comments

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2022

Hi @Charlie Gavey , is this the follow-up of this thread?

I've already talked to Dilani, is it possible that you share a list of items that have already been suggested?

Kind regards,
Rudy

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2022

Hi @Charlie Gavey , as a suggestion, I would like to see Project category as Scope for a rule.

Charlie Gavey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2022

@Rudy Holtkamp Thanks so much for taking the time to chat with Dilani! She's shared the insights from those customer conversations, but we're always happy to hear more feedback to better understand how customers are using automation, so if anything else comes to mind, please feel free to reach out and let us know.

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2022

👍🏻

Current issue were I run into is finding (and replacing) actions within rules if for instance a custom field name changes. Then you see within the rule a 'Deleted field' message, but in the rules overview you can't find the affected rules. This also applies for webhooks where you have a authorization that needs replacement. 

But new issues and ideas pop-up every week.... 😊

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Please, please take a look at this comment by Bill: why are there two threads for the same thing? @Srini Chakravarthy , can you please give some clarity?

I second every word @Bill Sheboy said in the other thread:

For specific ideas to improve...perhaps first review all of the open defects and suggestions submitted for automation rules (in the public Jira automation and old Code Barrel backlogs) to decide their disposition before checking for more input.

Here they are for everyone interested:

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

To be fair, @Charlie Gavey does appear to be reviewing/updating the suggestions I have made in the public backlog for automation.  Thanks!

Like Kalin U likes this
Charlie Gavey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2022

Hi @Kalin U and @Bill Sheboy - just a quick note to confirm that @Srini Chakravarthy and I are in the same team (but slightly different timezones). We're sharing customer insights with the wider Automation Platform team, and joining for each other's customer calls where timezones permit. 

We're absolutely continuing to review the suggestions in the public backlog, and these conversations with customers have been invaluable in helping us understand the context of some of these feature requests.

Thanks again for all your input to help us improve automation - it's very much appreciated!

Charlie

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events