cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Never Been So Lost

Sam Mehrabian
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 23, 2023

I have tried time and again to decide what works the best for having an IT Help Desk/Project Management (yes, totally integrated) using one or more of Atlassian's products, but the more I explore the more confused I get!!!

I have tried 3 times to get a hold of a living, breathing human being but all 3 times that I filled the form have gone totally unanswered.

Question is, how do these people expect to stay in business?  If you don't answer your sales calls, if you are not interested in helping an enterprise business to pay you money, then.....??? I am just totally speechless!

Now, my only option is "The Community?"  Really?  I guess, it is what it is.  This is going to be my last attempt to see if I can find the right solution with Atlassian or should I seek something else.

1 comment

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2023

Hello @Sam Mehrabian ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I understand your frustration.  There ARE a few resources available to answer your questions in a pre-sales capacity.  

One of these is the Atlassian community.  These are mostly volunteers who can tell you from a user or admin's perspective how Atlassian tools work.

You may want to look at the list of Solution Partners that work with Atlassian (full disclosure: I work for ReleaseTEAM, a Gold Solution Partner).  We help with all sorts of questions, get you set up with licensing, and provide technical services to get you up and running.

You can look for the list of partners at https://www.atlassian.com/partners

Hope this helps!

Sam Mehrabian
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 23, 2023

Thank you Robert for reaching out and the info.  However, as an IT Professional of more than 2.5 decades, that is a very strange and undesired route for me to take.  I understand that you are also offering "help" to get us set up, but, putting it simply, paying someone so they can tell me what to pay to another company, is very unsettling for me.  I figure, if Atlassian does not give a hoot about signing up new customers, then that is a really scary relationship.

All said, although unlikely, for the sake of being honest, but I will keep your offer as an option while I explore other software.

Regards!

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2023

Hello Sam, let me elaborate on what Solution Partners can do and where money changes hands.

If you have questions on licensing, I (or any Solution Partner) am happy to answer those questions for free.   I'm here on the Community platform as a volunteer and am happy to answer questions (and not charge you).

If you're at a point where you need a quote, a Solution Partner can create one for you, and possibly include any discounts.

Only when you pay for the licenses to a partner does the money change hands.

As a consultant for ReleaseTEAM, I'm available to (paying) clients for whatever technical consulting services they need including mentoring or training after the sale.  Recently, this has been migrations and configuration of new instances of Jira and Confluence.

Hope this helps.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events