Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Road to Confidence in Confluence Cloud: Atlassian University's Confluence Quickstart Course

When you sit down to work each day, you have your MVP tools beside you, right? You've got your favorite monitor, reliable chargers, and your Best Snacks all within reach. But wait—where did you put your confidence?

work setup.gif

Coffee, check. Ocean, check.

We're being tongue-in-cheek, but it's no joke: Indeed found that confident employees are more productive than their less-confident counterparts. Confidence is “important” or “very important” to completing daily work for 94% of respondents to their survey. And one of the best ways to build your confidence authentically is to make sure you’re trained on the products you’ll use daily.

Enter: Confluence Quickstart: New to Cloud.

We chatted with the course’s creator, @Andrew DeBell, to learn more about the inspiration for the course, what you can expect from it, and—we had to ask—what makes him feel confident!

In the course, you’ll learn:

• How to find your way around Confluence Cloud

• How to customize and edit content

• How to collaborate with teammates

Ready to get started right away? Don’t let us stop you. Interview below.

Tell us how this course came about! What was the inspiration?

We built this course to help our thousands of Confluence customers migrating to Cloud. When you first jump to Cloud from Server/Data Center, the product looks very different. New buttons, new features, new functionality.

This free, 30-minute course helps solve those problems. The content focuses only on what’s new and improved in Confluence Cloud. No fluff!

The goal for this course is to get you up and running in Cloud, in the shortest time possible. You’ll watch a few videos and be able to get back to your work ASAP.

What can learners expect from this course?

Mostly short videos! There are 11 total videos designed to be clear, concise, and targeted on the specific Cloud features you need to know. It’s a short course at just 30-minutes, so you could complete it in between your Zoom calls this afternoon.

You also have the opportunity to earn an official Atlassian University badge you can share with your network.

Can you remind us how the badge works with this course?

Absolutely! To earn an official Atlassian University badge, you’ll need to complete the course and score 80% or higher on the final assessment. Once you pass, you’ll get your very own digital badge you can share on LinkedIn. It’ll look like this, below (shhh don’t tell anyone I only scored a 94…)

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 9.33.34 AM.png

What’s your favorite Confluence Cloud macro?

Oh, I’m all about the info panels. They’re a great way to break up a page and call attention to important info. Plus, I just find them to be visually satisfying. In the newest version of Confluence, you can even customize info panels by adding emojis. Love it.

info panel.png

..and your favorite shortcut?

Definitely the / (forward slash command) when in edit mode. It’s the easiest way to add new macros. I create a lot of Confluence pages (like all of us at Atlassian!) and the / command has become a standard part of my building process.

In just a couple of keystrokes, you can add a table, info panel, or any macro you wish. It’s a super helpful shortcut to speed up your page building.

What’s one confidence booster you lean on at work?

I write! Whenever a pesky thought of self-doubt bubbles up, I listen to calming music and freely write whatever comes to mind. This simple exercise helps me explore the core of the problem and get my confidence back up to baseline. 

I also have the rare benefit of being surrounded by a group of kind and supportive teammates. Their frequent positivity and encouragement are super important to keep that confidence boosted. Go Uni team!

Take the free course today!

4 comments

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 10, 2022

@Jaime Netzer I LOVE this article. Especially the use of caps for Best Snacks. I'm inspired to take this course! 

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Thanks for sharing this article, @Jaime Netzer !

I think that this Confluence Cloud course will be very useful for all new users moving from Confluence Server/DC to Confluence Cloud to quickly introduce and onboard them to Confluence Cloud.

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Jaime Netzer

Just finished the course and I also scored 94%! :) The page sharing in view/edit mode was a tricky question :)

It was a nice course and a brief overview of how a newly cloudy server migrated user can find the way around!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2022

Got a shiny badge today, thanks Atlassian! The training reminded me of the few concepts that I don't really refer to by their official names, so there's that.

Also, today I learned you can schedule page publishes! That's pretty cool. 😎

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events