Show us your migration swag, and we’ll show you ours! 🎁

Brielle Johnston
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2022

Back in March, the Customer Success team announced that we had developed a brand new Cloud adoption toolkit to help organizations migrating to the Atlassian Cloud. 

We filled the toolkit with a lot of good things, like:

• email templates for admins to introduce the changes to their teams
  • guides to help you create change management and adoption plans
  • resources showing the key differences between Cloud and Server/Data Center

Our goal was to make it a little easier for you and your teams to transition, but that was just the beginning. We know we can do better, but we need your help to do it. 

As we gear up to create more documentation around migration, please consider sharing your feedback about the toolkit and your move to the Cloud here

The survey takes as little as five minutes to complete and will help shape the migration journey for the future Atlassian community. And if our profound thanks and gratitude isn’t enough? Your participation will enter you in a monthly raffle to win some fun Atlassian swag. 

Thanks for making a difference!

4 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Already completed! Thanks!

Like Brielle Johnston likes this
Brielle Johnston
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2022

Really appreciate your input, @Taranjeet Singh ! Thanks for contributing!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Survey completed!!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Thanks @Brielle Johnston 

One thing I liked was how we can use the change management template to get started with process on the journey to cloud and email templates helped with the message on how Atlassian conveys message on Atlassian tools and migration.

Like Brielle Johnston likes this
Brielle Johnston
Atlassian Team
August 31, 2022

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and your time, @Pramodh M ! 

Like Pramodh M likes this
Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

Shouldn't Atlassian survey the organizations that have not yet migrated? This would give a better understanding of:

• Why they haven't started yet.
  • What is blocking their migration.
  • What aspects of the process are time-consuming or difficult.

Despite being over two years on from Atlassian's EOL announcement for Server, the migration process is very far from smooth. But the Cloud Migration roadmap suggests there is not much more planned. Is it finished now?

Brielle Johnston
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2022

Hi @Dwight Holman ! Thanks so much for your comment. You're so right! Pre-migration voices are every bit as important to Atlassian, and there are corresponding efforts being done by different teams within the company to collect data to that end.

Since my team, in particular, focuses post-migration customers, I don't have the most up-to-date information on outreach to our Server and Data Center customers, but I believe they are being surveyed via sample targeting. I've reached out to our Research Team and will let you know if I learn more. Thanks, again!

Like Dwight Holman likes this
Dwight Holman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

Hi @Brielle Johnston thanks for the reply.

From the perspective of a customer trying to migrate the pre vs post migration perspective is not really a thing.

Though we have not yet migrated, I can offer a perspective on the journey & resources Atlassian have provided.

• The pre-migration resources did not contribute much for us. The value of these was drowned by the scale & complexity of the migration process for us. That said we started before the March announcement (I subsequently looked at these).
  • Our doubts about migration have been split between the migration process and the 'goodness' of Jira Cloud (post-migration experience). As long-term Jira Server users we have found the gaps (vs Server) and issues with Jira Cloud give considerable pause for thought. These are really two different products - Jira Server customers should not assume Cloud it is a like-for-like replacement - it is simultaneously worse and better. We never used Confluence Server so I cannot speak to migration of that.
  • JCMA and 3rd Party App bugs were the overriding story of our process. These probably added delays of about 5 months.
  • The MOVE agents are helpful, but can only solve selected problems. Many (most) of the problems we raised with them were bugs - all they could do was send us to the App Vendor, or log them in JAC and suggest we vote for them. :-|
  • Knowing how slowly Atlassian address customer requests, we deliberately waited over TWO YEARS after Atlassian's Server EOL announcement hoping that the migration process would be relatively quick and smooth - we feel like none of our assumptions were true:
    • Jira Cloud would be ready.
    • Atlassian's tools would be mature.
    • 3rd party Apps would be ready.

You didn't really answer my question:

But the Cloud Migration roadmap suggests there is not much more planned. Is it finished now?

Does Atlassian have any significant work planned on Jira Cloud or the migration process to help Server customers make the move?

Brielle Johnston
Atlassian Team
October 10, 2022

Hi all! Just a quick update that raffle winners were notified for the month of September. Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the survey. We'll continue gathering responses through the end of the year, awarding three folks with Atlassian swag monthly for taking the time to share their feedback. 

As a reminder, you can access the survey here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events