Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project permission [MANAGE_SPRINTS_PERMISSION] does not exist

Markus Pfeifer August 2, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate our Jira Server to the cloud, but the migration fails with this error message:

Project permission [MANAGE_SPRINTS_PERMISSION] does not exist

Any Ideas?

Best,

Markus

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Hey @Markus Pfeifer ,

I haven't had the error myself but this seems to be a plausible explanation :)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Cloud-Migration/Jira-Cloud-Migration/qaq-p/1428278

Based on that, did this happen during your first migration or is this an x'th attempt?

I found that post before, but it seems to me, that it's not exactly the same. The problem I have is a Project specific permission. I don't get it exactly - the Manage Sprints permission seems to be included by default. I don't need it as we are only 3 agents, but I'm not sure how to remove it and if it is required!?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Hmm, you mention agents so that to me says JSM.

i'm indeed curious if you have Jira Software on premise and not in Cloud which might be messing as that permissions makes no sense in JSM?

On my JSM only cloud environment I don't have that permissions but on my JSM+JSW one I do.. so I wonder if that's messing it up.

(just brainstorming here myself for this one)

Yes, that's interesting. So we are talking about JSM on-premises, no JSW. I removed the manage sprints permission from the default scheme an the migration is currently running. I see some errors, but will wait until it is done and will then double-check, what happened and report here, if it worked or not.

Thanks for your help!

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2021

Let us know what happens, I'm curious about this one!

I wonder if maybe JSW was installed at one point which added the permission at that time and is now then giving you issues.

Good luck!

Ok, so it looks like everything has been migrated except the boards, which I don't really need. 😀

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2021

giphy

Like Markus Pfeifer likes this
Mahesh Kallepalli August 20, 2021

@Markus Pfeifer @Dirk Ronsmans 

Hope you are doing well.

Kindly let me know how your resolved this issue. Currently I'm migrating Jira service desk projects getting this issue.

I believe manage sprints permission is only for Jira software projects.

Regards,

Mahesh 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events