You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Hello Atlassian Community,
I have been working on cloud migration for a while and I am at a point where I need your help.
What I will do:
I try to move from two different Jira Service Management Server to one Jira Service Management Cloud (Premium Plan).
Our current setup:
Server A is a "JIRA Project Management Software v7.1.4" with "JIRA Service Desk 3.1.10"
Server B is an "Atlassian Jira Project Management Software v8.7.1" with "JIRA Service Desk 4.7.1".
Both licenses have recently expired.
From Server A we want to migrate only 2 of 20 projects of type “Software”.
From Server B we want to migrate all projects, but of type “Service Desk”
This is what I have tried so far:
Move with Server B to Cloud and try to import single projects from Server A -> Failed, because single projects can not be import to Cloud
Import projects from Server A on Server B -> Failed, because projects must have the same version
Upgrade Server A to the version from Server B -> Failed, because licenses has expired
I am looking for a “simple” / "best way" solution to move to the cloud :D
I hope I have not forgotten anything, thank you in advance for any support
Many greetings from Berlin
Hello @Daniel Zallmanzig
Based upon your details, I believe this is how you should proceed:
1. Export server A, in it's entirety
2. Do an XML Import of the server A data to the cloud
3. Manually remove each of the 18 unneeded projects in the cloud
4. Utilize JCMA (which now INCLUDES the ability to move JSM projects) and migrate server B to the cloud
1. Contact Atlassian support and request a trial license for server A - explain that you want to move to cloud, but the license has expired.
2. Upgrade server A to latest Jira version
3. Utilize JCMA on server A and choose only the two projects you want to move
4. Utilize JCMA on server B and move all of those projects as well.
Hope that helps!