Migration assistant don't load appilcation list

Piotr Goczał August 3, 2022

I'm trying to prepare to migrate my local Jira nad Confluence server. I've installed latest Migration Assistant addon for Jira and Conflunece but when I'm trying to prepare migration Assistand don't load application list. I can see numbers for groups/users/spaces but Apps there in only "waiting circle" sign".

Also immediately after entering into assistant I can see an error:

"We can't communicate with your server".

The same situation is with Jira and Conflunce.

Any ideas how to deal with it?

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Patricia González August 3, 2022

Hi Piotr!

We have a similar error with Jira Migration Cloud Assistant (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Migration-Program/JMCA-Error-communicating-with-server/qaq-p/2059393). It was calling a parameter that was different named in our BBDD.

In any case i recommend to you to open a case to Atlassian Support. They will asked you for a jira/confluence support zip and help you fix the error.

Regards,

-Patricia

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2022

@Piotr Goczał -

Welcome to the community.  Take a look at this KB article on the error message - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/we-can-t-communicate-with-your-server-error-in-ccma-1108479896.html

Another thing for you to check is your server side firewall may not be open up for traffic. 

If everything looks fine, I would recommend you to reach out to Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

I've seen these article and already tried to disable/enable JCMA/CCMA addon but without success. I'd to try tune database parameters by in my opinion it's not an issue.

According contact atlasian support: there is a web form which you have to fill and with my users number it suggested to contact "community".... Strange  I want to switch to subscription model and pay steady monthly money but they claims "I will pay not enough to help you as community (aka get lost)". Strange policy.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2022

Atlassian support will need to assist you further.   Are you moving to Cloud env using the Free version for Confluence/Jira/JSM products?

Best, Joseph

Now I've 100 users server (JIRA and Confluence) license and I'm going to buy at least 150 users cloud license.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2022

@Piotr Goczał -

At this time, you need to contact Atlassian Support directly for their support.  As I suggested previously, just submit the support request.

Best, Joseph

Piotr Goczał August 4, 2022

Done, waiting for reply from Atlasian support.

Piotr Goczał August 5, 2022

I hate level 1 support of any vendor.....

I've just received answers from Atlasian with standard "copy paste" answer:

Sorry for trouble, bla, bla, bla. I suggest to install Cloud Migration Assistant....

Damn it! Is it really so hard to read my request and think that if I report problem with Migration Assistant so probably I DON'T need advice how to install it BECAUSE I ALREADY have it.....

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2022

@Piotr Goczał -

Unfortunately, we don't manage Atlassian Support operation.  In your server env, do you have support with Atlassian?, if so then you should escalate your support ticket with higher priority.

Best, Joseph 

0 votes
Ian Londesbrough August 3, 2022

In Cloud I did this by taking a backup in System Settings of the whole Jira system and then Imported it to the new Cloud Instance following the instructions about splitting the backup zip file into two separate zip files, one for data to be imported first then one for attachments, avatars, logos etc imported second. I’ve no experience of doing it in Server or from Server to Cloud or Cloud to Server but should work the same. No add ons, no marketplace apps etc needed. I did same for Confluence Cloud to Cloud and then just re linked Confluence Spaces to Jira Projects as required. Please reach out if you get stuff and I will try to talk you through it tomorrow n Zoom or Google Meet.

Piotr Goczał August 4, 2022

Great but for what? If you have suggestion for me please put it here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events