Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate only few users as a part of trial migration

PARUL YADAV November 10, 2021

Hi,

We are planning to migrate from server instance to cloud jira. And as a trial version we are planning to migrate the test jira server instance to cloud sandbox to see how it goes. 
but only want few users to be migrated as a part of the trial migration as we don't want users to be a part of this and get notifications about this new access to cloud site.

Please suggest a way in which only few of the users like around 5-6 users can be migrated to cloud sandbox.

We are using LDAP for users and cloud access in the cloud site.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Hi @PARUL YADAV 

I suggest creating a test project on your server, adding a few users. Then migrate that project using the free Atlassian Cloud Migration Assistant. Ensure you select the option to only create users associated with the project

PARUL YADAV November 10, 2021

Thanks for your response.

Is there a way i can migrate all the projects and only few users?

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

Hi @PARUL YADAV 

Not with most methods as any issues will need to create user entries for data integrity.

I have been testing Botron Project configurator that can migrate only the configuration reducing the user footprint.

alternatively install a dev/staging server, add a small project, then lift and shift.

PARUL YADAV November 11, 2021

@Tom Lister Thanks. I'll try the test project approch and then lift and shift.

One another question if you could help me with. If i try the test migration in the sandbox will i be charged for the number of user migrated as per my subscription plan?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events