Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find specific sub-tasks of a task linked to a story

Raymond Touchette May 28, 2021

I have a story with a status of done. To that story I have a linked task. That task has sub-tasks. I want to pull all of the sub-tasks that are 'to do' or 'in progress' belonging to the Task (with a specific summary detail) associated to the story that is Done. See the picture below:

Story to LinkedTaks to SubTask of LinkedTask.png

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Hi @Raymond Touchette  

Welcome to the community, I see here 2 options 

First : You can try to create a filter inside a filter like here

Second : I recommend to use JQL Search Extensions. It's a professional paid indexing service provided by a company I've partnered with.

You can use the following query to finds the list of subtasks of resulting parent issues and for more reference

issue in subtasksOfParentsInQuery("status='Done'") AND linkedIssueType = Story 

Thanks in Advance
Mohamed Adel 

Raymond Touchette June 11, 2021

Thank you for your response! Not always able to get on-line. I am not following the suggestion.

The story has a linked Jira Type Task - that Task has sub-tasks... Attempting to find a specific sub-task with a specific state of the task linked to a specific story.

The story has sub-tasks that are complete and the story is complete...but the linked Jira Type Task has sub-tasks that may/or may not be complete...

Any help on the actual query to perform the steps getting to the results describe in the initial post - most appreciated!

Raymond Touchette June 11, 2021

I Actually got it!.. I am very new to JIRA and JQL - but I did manage to figured it out.

get criteria of sub-task of Task And IssueFunction in subtasksOf(Type = Task AND issueFunction IN LinkedIssuesOf(type = Story AND remaining filter)....

Of course this is the abbreviated function to address the various parameters are not completely represented.

It is thinking about the Grandchild to Child to Parent from a function perspective.

Thank you!!!

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Hi @Raymond Touchette 

Can I confirm:

• Is this Jira Cloud or Server?
  • How do you want to pull the data - eg. API, JQL, etc?
  • If JQL, do you have any apps which extend JQL?

Ste

Raymond Touchette June 1, 2021

Hi, We should have CLoud and ScriptRunner... Want to pull the data via JQL.. Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events