Data Residency Comes to Australia!! & Update on Data Residency for Standard & Premium

Hello Everyone!

An awesome announcement and a quick update for everyone today!

Data Residency comes to Australia!!

It is with incredible excitement that today we are announcing the availability of Data Residency in Australia!!

As a quick reminder this is available for:

This new location is available in Atlassian's cloud admin hub (admin.atlassian.com) under Security > Data Residency

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 9.18.47 AM.png

And from there you can "Request move" on the product you want to move to Australia, and you will see a new location available: Australia. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 9.30.09 AM.png

This new location is supported by the Sydney, Australia AWS region. https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/regions_az/

Update on Data Residency for Standard and Premium

In a previous update, we announced that we would be turning on Data Residency for all existing Standard and Premium instances by October (existing means anything that was created prior to June 30, 2021).

We are working hard to wrap up a few more things, and then we will start rolling this out to customers in a phased approach starting October 15th.

We were originally going to turn this on for everyone at once. However, we've been pleasantly surprised at our customers' very strong interest in Data Residency.  We want to make sure that everyone who wants to use Data Residency can get their migration scheduled in a timely fashion, and to ensure we can handle that many data migrations at once.  

We plan to roll this out to about 10% of our customer base each week, and depending on the uptake, we will adjust the schedule.  This should take us about 10 weeks to finish rolling out to all of our customers.

In the meantime, if you urgently need a Data Residency migration before it's available for your instance, please open a support ticket, and we should be able to squeeze you in.  Otherwise, if you are able to wait, that would be the best scenario. 

Please note, we don't have a mechanism in place to inform you once we've enabled Data Residency specifically for your instance.  Please check for the feature each week, about mid-week, to see if it's been rolled out to you.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave them here, I'll be monitoring this throughout the week and happy to answer anything I can!

5 comments

Comment

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2021

Its really great to see that this is happening for all Cloud customers - I know it is important to so many people

Like # people like this
James Webber October 12, 2021

Awesome @RJ Gazarek this is great looking forward to switching to Oz.

Like # people like this
Andrew Daniels
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2021

I have a customer who urgently needs a Data Residency migration and the option isn't available to their instance yet.

Which team should we raise a ticket to be assigned to?

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2022

sounds great,

I have to check where the data of my company is hosted

Joel Devlin April 27, 2022

Really would like to see the scope extend to Bitbucket!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events