Can I copy all users and groups from a cloud site to a sandbox?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

I am working through a server to cloud migration that will involve ADFS and Atlassian Access.  Jira is migrating via Site Import.  I was asked to provide Atlassian with a CSV file for users and another for groups so that they would be imported to the site.  I had asked that they also be imported to the sandbox environment (the one included with a premium subscription) but the users and groups were only imported to the main site.

I cannot proceed with a test migration until the users and groups are associated with the sandbox,  I have a MOVE ticket with this information in place but Atlassian is not responding and the migration is already off schedule.  I was hoping there might be some solution that the community has come up with.

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Amna Elabbas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2021

Hi @Rob Horan and @Prince Nyeche ,

The sandbox indeed has a feature which can copy production data if you are on a Premium or Enterprise Plan. You can find the steps here and also the type of data that gets copied which includes users and groups

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

Thanks @Amna Elabbas - this is very helpful! 

Like Amna Elabbas likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2021

Hi @Rob Horan 

You could use a free app to do import of users and add users to groups, since you have the CSV file of the data, check out this app.

If I'm not mistaken the sandbox has a feature which can copy production data. I believe you have to spin up the sandbox environment after those data has been imported into production instance then you can have a copy of all users and groups from your main cloud site to your sandbox site.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events