Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask Me Anything: Understand Data Residency with Atlassian's Product Team

Mel Policicchio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2024

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Mel and I am Product Marketing Manager at Atlassian. I'm joined by Joe Elgabalawi, our Senior Group Product Manager for Regulated Industries, Privacy, and Governance and Nakul Razdan, our Senior Principal Program Manager working on data residency.

We know that for many of you, one key aspect of compliance is the ability to control where your data is hosted in the cloud. This is why, over the past two years, we’ve invested heavily in data residency.

As we continue to release more global regions for data residency, I wanted to share this video so you can learn all about how Atlassian data residency works. Hopefully, it answers your top questions.

However, we know that data residency is an area of concern on your cloud migration journey for many of you hoping to move to the cloud. This leaves lots of folks with questions, so we’re also opening up this post as an Ask Me Anything (AMA)!

How to participate:

1. Watch the video: Get familiar with data residency

2. Ask your questions: Please post your questions in the comments below before Thursday, June 20th. Our team will actively monitor and respond to your queries by Tuesday, June 25th!

3. Engage: Feel free to share your experiences and insights with the community. We’d love to hear your feedback!

Joe, Nakul, and I are happy to answer any questions you have about data residency and how to factor that into your upcoming cloud migration. Thanks for watching and we look forward to answering your questions!

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2024

Please do as this is a huge stumbling block for many companies in the UAE. Atlassian is losing millions, probably in KSA alone, by not offering this. 

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2024

Thanks @Mel Policicchio !!

When are you bringing data residency to the Middle East? Specifically, UAE or Saudi Arabia?

Sami Shaik June 3, 2024

@Mel Policicchio 

Kindly consider DR in the region of Saudi Arabia or UAE.

Most of the MENA customers are not considering to move to the cloud just because of region DR option not available.

Like # people like this
Nakul Razdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2024

Hi @John Funk @Sami Shaik thank you for this questions!

At this time, data residency for UAE or Saudi Arabia is not on our roadmap, however I have shared this valuable feedback with the rest of my product team so we can discuss further.

Like John Funk likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events