Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A way to test out changes on the sandbox instance

Shyam February 20, 2021

Atlassian Constantly updates the UI without providing the user any chance of getting familiarized with the changes. There should be a way for companies to test out the new changes in the sandbox instance before the same gets pushed to production.

3 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2021

well there is actually. It’s called release tracks and available for premium and enterprise. 

https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-product-release-tracks/

the preview track lets you first see them in a sandbox

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2021

I never knew this existed, thanks!

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Well it is fairly new. Might even still be in beta or just shipped.

Grace Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

Hi folks, I'm a Product Marketer here at Atlassian and wanted to share that Release Tracks is a fairly new feature we've launched on our Cloud Premium plans. The capability can be accessed via the admin portal > Products > Release Tracks.

The page @Dirk Ronsmans (thanks Dirk!) shared gives a super helpful layout of all the options available so be sure to give that a look. 

Once you give that try, let us know what you think! We're always keen to hear how these new features work for customers.

Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2021

This is a good feature to have. Our users are too sensitive to UI Changes. As admin it is good to have some lead time so we can minimize the impact 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2021

It would be great if this were part of Standard. Sometimes I have the feeling that standard is being left behind a bit.😞

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2021

very useful. Thanks

Matt Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2021

Thanks for chiming in @Dirk Ronsmans

@Shyam , I'm so sorry for missing this post. I had some problems with my notification settings so it slipped my inbox. 

I actually just posted a new discussion about release tracks and would love to get some input/feedback on the experience: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Cloud-Change-Management/Got-feedback-on-release-tracks/m-p/1665433#M27. 

Feel free to direct your thoughts there! Thanks

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 30, 2021

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events