cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our Atlassian butter Cookies πŸͺπŸͺ

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

Every Christmas my daughters and I make butter cookies, we have never dared with glaze, I watch a lot of videos of this, and I always wanted to try it, so this has been the perfect occasion to make our Atlassian butter biscuits!!! (continuous improvement πŸ˜‰ )

Our recipe is simple! I really like to make it with my daughters, as the preparation is perfect for them to collaborate.

I always have the recipes in Trello with the ingredients and the step by step because it is impossible for me to remember the proportions and here, I always have them at hand. I have to say that baking is not my thing, but these cookies are not bad!

Trello - Atlassian Butter Cookies.png

Cookies Ingredients:

• 200 gr butter (softened at room temperature)
  • 120 gr sugar
  • 280 gr of wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Glaze Ingredients:

• 250 gr icing sugar (powdered)
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 small spoonful of lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons of warm water (if not using egg whites)

Preparation of dough:

• In a bowl, start by mixing butter with sugar. Remember that butter must be at room temperature to be able to work well with it. Mix mix mix!!
  • Once mixed, add the teaspoon of vanilla essence
  • Continue with sifted flour. Pass flour through a sieve before adding it to the bowl. Mix again!!
  • Put them on a cut baking tray and bake them at 180ΒΊ for 11-12 minutes. As soon as you see that the edges are starting to brown, take them out.

Glaze elaboration:

• Sieve the sugar and place it in a bowl.
  • Take the egg and separate the white from the yolk. Pour the white into a second bowl and then sprinkle the first two tablespoons of sugar slowly over the white. Beat with the help of a whisk.
  • Repeat the process until all the icing sugar has been added to the egg white. Whisk continuously and at a constant speed to obtain a homogeneous and slightly thick mixture.
  • Add the Β½ tablespoon of lemon to the mixture and continue beating with the whisk.
  • Use for decorating cookies without waiting too long (no more than 5-10 minutes)

And now we have our beautiful Atlassian butter cookies! Also, this year we have invited Taco to participate in the whole process, he was anxiously waiting for cookies to come out of the oven.

Atlassian butter cookies 2.PNG

We had a lot of fun making them and we have also recorded a funny video to enjoy:

P.S: We are not professionals in kitchen or in video recording / editing πŸ™, we have done this with all our love and we hope you like the recipe, photos, video...

5 comments

Comment

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

Those look beautiful!  Love the Atlassian logo!!

Like β€’ # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2021

Thank you so much @Kristin Lyons! Icing for Logo was tricky at first but then we got the hang of it! πŸ€©

Like β€’ Kristin Lyons likes this
PatrΓ­cia Fortunato Montenegro December 8, 2021

Oh God, I love it! Congrats on your idea. 🀩 πŸ₯³ πŸ‘πŸ½

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2021

Thank you so much @PatrΓ­cia Fortunato Montenegro! We have had the perfect opportunity to make a family recipe for another year and include new things!

PatrΓ­cia Fortunato Montenegro December 9, 2021

@Paloma Fondon Araujo !!

I love it! 🀩

Kalee Williams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2021

Looks delicious, and love the video! 🐢

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2021

Thank you very much @Kalee Williams! They came out very tasty! what a pity not to be able to share...credit for the video goes to my eldest daughter. πŸ₯³

PatrΓ­cia Fortunato Montenegro December 9, 2021

I love the video too! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ’š

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 8, 2021

WOW these look so beautiful! Very well done - Taco is one lucky pup!

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 8, 2021

And wow @Paloma Fondon Araujo I LOVED the video!!!

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2021

Thank you so much @Bridget! Taco was impatient to eat biscuits...my eldest daughter (8 years old) has been in charge almost 100% of the video, she is the one who knows about this! πŸ€©

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2021

These look amazing @Paloma Fondon Araujo ! I hope Taco didn't eat them all 🐢

Like β€’ Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2021

Thank you so much @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ ! Fortunately there are still some lef 🐢

Like β€’ Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events