Atlassian Bake Off: ACE logo-shaped T-Bone steak

vlad_puhach December 8, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL7_oWZmReY 

Even though I really enjoy cooking, baking was never my strong side. After thinking a while about what to make and how to incorporate the Atlassian logo in it I came up with this.

photo_2021-12-09_00-21-57.jpg

Ingredients

T-Bone steak (of course😛)

Olive oil

Butter

Salt

Pepper

Rosemary

Garlic

Your favorite seasonings

How to cook

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to make a good steak, but here are my 6 steps that will take this thing to another level😎.

Step 1: Make preparations. How many times you were about to start cooking and realized that you didn’t have all the ingredients you needed to make a dish? Sounds like a familiar story. I used the Jira Kanban board, broke everything into tasks, whether it is choosing a recipe, buying all ingredients, or writing this post.

Step 2: Bring steak to room temperature. Unpack the steak, season it with olive oil, salt, and fresh ground black pepper - and leave it at room temperature at least for 20 min. Do not skip this step!!! You want your meat to cook evenly from edge to center. Therefore, the closer it is to its final eating temperature, the more evenly it will cook.

Step 3: Make seasoned butter (optional). While your steak is sitting there, start making the butter. In addition to salt and pepper, you can put all your favorite seasonings inside. My personal fav is garlic powder, thyme, smoked paprika, and a pinch of sugar. Mix it up, roll this mixture into a long tube shape, and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Chill it in the freezer and when ready to serve, cut it into coins.

IMG_5682.jpg

Step 4: Sear this bad boy! I’m not gonna tell you the temperature here - the pan needs to be VERY hot, so use the maximum stove heat you have. I’d recommend using cast iron since it can withstand high temperatures. Carefully set the steak in the pan and leave it alone. Don't worry - it won’t stick! The steak needs a few minutes untouched to develop a good crust. Cook it for 1-2 minutes on each side for rare or medium-rare. During the last minute of cooking, add 1 big piece of butter, 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic, and a spring of fresh rosemary to the pan (this is optional but very delicious)🤘.

IMG_5683.jpg

Step 5: Finish it in the oven. Preheat the oven to its maximum (I have 250 degrees C, 482F). Searing on the stove is primarily for color and flavor, and then the actual cooking takes place in the oven. Cook steak for another 2-3 minutes or you can leave it longer if you like your steak well done.

Step 6: Let it rest. I know it already looks and smells mouthwatering, we’re almost there😃. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest, covered with aluminum foil, for around 5 minutes. Do not skip this step!!! This way meat will retain the juices, will come up to the desired temperature during the resting period, giving you a perfectly cooked steak.

That’s it my friends. Enjoy the ACE logo-shaped T-bone and don't forget to watch the video!

photo_2021-12-09_00-56-30.jpg

14 comments

Comment

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

Dammit - now I'm hungry!

Like vlad_puhach likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

Looks delicious!! 😋 

Veronique DUFOUR December 9, 2021

Simple cooking instructions! It is really mouth watering :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

Looks fantastic! And I can almost smell the aroma all the way here!!

vlad_puhach December 9, 2021

@John Funk After cooking it I had to ventilate the kitchen from the smoke for about half an hour, haha

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2021

Haha - I understand cooking at that level of heat. Thankfully, I have a Big Green Egg grill to do those outside. 

vlad_puhach December 10, 2021

Wow, Big Green Egg! That's like Ferrari among grills. I am jealous @John Funk 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2021

haha - it is older now, but I love it. It is great to cook with. 

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 9, 2021

Like a Chef! 👩‍🍳

Looks tasty!

Congrats! 

Priscila Calisto December 9, 2021

It looks yummy! I'll definitely make it on the weekend! Congrats, Vlad! :) 

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2021

I'm not a big red meat eater but this actually makes me hungry :D

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 9, 2021

This is so creative - the steak really does resemble an ACE! Nicely done (and thank you for this recipe)! 

Like # people like this

Thank you @BridgetYeah, ACE logo shape did work out well, haha.

Would it be possible for you to embed the iframe preview of the YouTube video at the beginning of the article?

This is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL7_oWZmReY 

I tried to do it myself but I guess I don't have permission for that.

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 10, 2021

The video is incredible, @vlad_puhach

Wow, here it's still morning, and I'm hungry! OMG! LOL.

🤩 🙏🏽 😃  

Thanks @Craig Castle-Mead @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ @Veronique DUFOUR @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro @Priscila Calisto and @Kristin Lyonsfor checking out the article and liking the dish! It means a lot to me.

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 10, 2021

Anytime, @vlad_puhach

kweibelt December 20, 2021

This looks yummy! I love your seasoning blend. I will try that next!

Bonsi Xo March 10, 2022

wow, this looks so delicious and yummy. I just love the grill and baked food. I am also working on a gas grill food site I must share this on my blog.

Jason Dai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2022

Looks so yummy!!! I always overcooked steak, need more practices...

aaicha masala May 21, 2022

This is looking so amazing and tasty, I think you put the best masala powder in this because they enhance the taste of the food.

garam masala powder

Katherine Toomer August 8, 2022

Do you grind these spices at home? I have heard you can grind spices at home but haven't tried it my self. This guide suggested we can grind spices with blenders?

vlad_puhach August 22, 2022

Yes, I normally grind them at home using a mortar. Here on the video you can see the process https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL7_oWZmReY 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events