Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with importing data in jira cloud

somaganinaresh May 11, 2020

Capture migration.PNGwhen i am trying to migrate the data from Jira cloud production to Jira cloud dev.  I am facing to import process error . Can you please help me on this issue.

Thank you.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2020

Hello @somaganinaresh,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On the screenshot, it shows the error when adding users and groups and per the details of your site, I can see that one site is a standard with 56 users and the other one is Free where it's possible to add only 10 licensed user. 

I believe that this error might be related to the number of licensed users being migrated, so you need to deactivate the users and let only your account and other admin as active and import it again.

You can edit the current backup or deactivate the users and create a new backup. In order to set users as inactive from the backup, you need to edit entities.xml file.

For that, please find the information below and set the active="1" as active="0" for users that you want to let inactive.

<User id="10000" directoryId="1" userName="admin" lowerUserName="admin" active="1" createdDate="2019-10-30 19:10:53.538" updatedDate="2020-04-29 00:28:45.705" displayName="Angelica Luz" lowerDisplayName="angelica luz" emailAddress="email@domain.com" lowerEmailAddress="email@domain.com" deletedExternally="0" externalId="123456:1234a56b-c7de-8fg9-hij1-23456789k123" localServiceDeskUser="0"/>

After that, save the file and compress it again to import it on a Cloud site.

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events