Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to migrate Bitbucket (standard) from cloud to on premise

Praveen Thulicheri September 9, 2020

We wish to migrate Bitbucket, standard version,  to on premise. If any one has done this please share your advice on possibility, pre-plans, risks involved, points to be considered etc.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

Hi @Praveen Thulicheri,

Welcome to the Community!

While I have not done this personally, I can point out a few things you will want to consider when doing this move.

First, are you using BitBucket Pipelines?  This don't exist in the server version of BitBucket, it is handled by another Atlassian application called Bamboo, while it should be able to handle the pipeline YAML files, this will be an additional application you will need to purchase and install before you can complete your migration process if automatic build are important to you.

While Atlassian offers the ability to import source code repositories from Cloud to Server you can learn more about there here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/importing-code-from-an-existing-project-776640909.html

This process will not metadata such as permissions, comments, pull requests etc. so this is information that you may end up losing as a part of this process.

I hope that helps you get started!

-Jimmy

Praveen Thulicheri October 6, 2020

Thank You Jimmy for sharing your knowledge. :)

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events