Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing your Cloud migration method

An important decision you’ll make during your Cloud migration is which method to use: the Cloud migration assistants, site/space import, or a .csv file. In this demo, we’ll discuss the main differences between these methods as well as the pros and cons of each.

Register for the Cloud migrations demo with live Q&A.

5 comments

Comment

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2021

There are many problems around the Site Import currently from what I've seen (both in display and functionality) with larger instances, it would be useful to revamp this method since it does allow for use cases that JCMA can't handle at this time.

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2021

Hi @Michael Andolfatto ,

are these problems you are mentioning documented somewhere / created as issues in JAC already? Thank you.

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

This is a fantastic 5 minute explainer to start customers on the right track!

Like # people like this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

Thanks for this video!

I have to agree with with @Michael AndolfattoMigrating large instances with a site import is very error prone.

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2021

@Hana Kučerová - I haven't looked for them among the JAC issues, but off the top of my head some things I have experienced that are problematic are:

- Generating large backups for Cloud sites manually may randomly fail (after many hours) without the ability for any administrators to review logging information as to why

- There is no progress indicator or remaining estimate for the generation of manual Cloud backups

- The site import method is "unsupported" now from Atlassian's view, despite the alternative migration tool not being fully built up

These points are from a recent migration I participated in 2-3 months ago so they may be a bit outdated but I believe they are still prominent.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events